A Message From Mr Firks:
On behalf of the Bethel Local School District, I am pleased to share highlights of a new Strategic Plan that will guide district decision-making through the 2022-23 school year. This plan provides our school community with shared goals and specific data-driven priorities designed to meet the needs of every student, every day. The process of data collection and analysis included:
· Community forums
· Focus groups with faculty and staff as well as high school and middle school students
· Interviews with Board of Education members, district administrators and community leaders
· Electronic and phone surveys for faculty, parents and community members
A highly engaged and representative core team of teachers, parents, community members, students, Board members and administrators met for two days on November 25 and 26 to review data, provide input and work through a facilitated process to determine what goals would matter most and have the greatest leverage and greatest impact for the students of Bethel Local Schools in the next three years.
Together, we have designed a plan to educate and prepare all students to reach their full potential, discover their purpose and be engaged community members. The plan reflects core values and goals within four areas:
· Facilities/Safety & Security
· Academic Achievement & Technology
· Business Operations/Human Resources
In each, we have identified specific objectives and strategies and set benchmarks and key indicators that will allow us to measure the district’s progress and prioritize resources in a way that honors our school district and the community as a whole.
For more details please see posted infographic and/or click here to access the summary of the report: